General Manager Gas Chromatography Business Unit
Job type: Full time
Application closing date: 30 November 2018
- Global role
- P&L responsibility
Trajan Scientific and Medical currently has an opportunity for a seasoned professional to manage its GC business globally. Reporting to the Group CEO this role is responsible for defining, developing, directing and communicating the Company’s global strategies for the growth of the GC business.
- Develop and ensure delivery of GC BU annual P&L plan
- Define, manage and position the product portfolio for the GC Business Unit.
- Understand and develop appropriate responses to competitive activities in the GC market.
- Guide and direct global promotional activities for the GC product line.
- Develop and maintain close working relationship with key opinion leaders in the target market segments to cause adoption of the Trajan GC technologies
- Maintain knowledge of competitive sales, technological trends and new product development for GC products.
Key selection criteria
- A Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Biology or a similar discipline as a minimum with further training and experience in Gas Chromatography
- Understanding of the global GC market place
- Strong understanding of the technical product and applications issues related to the GC market place
- An understanding of sales and marketing in the various global markets.
- Strategic planning and implementation skills for a technical based business
- An ability to engage in the development of strategic direction and convert to execution
- A willingness to engage in all levels of tasks as required
- Strong attention to detail is required along with strong personal organizational and communications skills
- A broad knowledge of applications relevant to a variety of market segments, e.g. environmental chemical, fragrance, food etc.
Trajan is committed to developing and commercialising technologies that enable analytical systems to be more selective, sensitive and specific for biological, environmental and food related measures. We are leaders in creating solutions for GC and GCMS through expertise in surface chemistry and glass forming. Trajan’s vision is to enrich the wellbeing of a growing number of communities by having an impact on human health.
Trajan is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging flexibility and fostering an environment that celebrates diversity.
To apply online please click the “Apply now” button below.
Learn more about us, or for further information about this role please contact us.