Location: Bethel, Connecticut, USA
Job type: Full time
About the company
Trajan is a global company with operations in Australia, Europe, the US and Asia. Our focus is on developing and commercializing technologies that enable analytical systems to be more selective, sensitive and specific for biological, environmental or food related measurements. Trajan’s vision is, Science that benefits people, it is intrinsic to the values of the organization and a true commitment to having a positive impact of human health. Trajan brings together a range of global businesses in the fields of scientific and medical analysis that have a common bond. Our site in Bethel Connecticut is the third and latest acquisition by Trajan in the US, developing, manufacturing and marketing a range of polymer products maximizing security and integrity of the sample.
About the role
An opportunity to make a significant contribution at a critical point in the life cycle of our business will keep you challenged and energized.
Your primary objective will be to manage the product portfolio within the business unit, identify the application areas where the product range can be developed to expand to deliver impact and competitive advantage. Screen incoming customer new product requests and RFQs for suitability.
You will aid in developing a deep understanding of market/customer decision making using the 5Ps of marketing as it pertains to the portfolio.
You will be responsible for defining the product range, aligned with the corporate strategy, in conjunction with the Business Unit General Manager. Developing pricing strategy for the Trajan branded portfolio, keeping abreast of market intelligence. You will lead market competitive/benchmark evaluations, including performance testing both internally and with customers.
You will define the generation of marketing and promotional collateral.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field with a minimum of 5 years in a Technical Support or Product Management role.
- Experience in the life sciences analytical instrument market would be highly desirable, including consumables used in pharmaceutical, clinical, and medical research and development.
- Experience working with and developing solutions in partnership with Instrumentation OEMs.
- Experience in LC/GC workflows and consumables utilizing contained, sealed, sample vials, plates along with a general awareness of the global analytical science market would be of great advantage.
- Solid oral, written and presentation skills to effectively communicate and influence a cross functional team is essential.
How will success be measured in this role?
- Growth of the Business Unit revenues and profitability.
- Delivery of products that have meaningful impact in workflows that impact human wellbeing.
- Disciplined introduction of new products.
- Clear and well understood and communicate strategy for the BU, across the organization.
How will success be rewarded in this role?
- Competitive salary and incentive program.
- The opportunity for professional and academic growth.
To apply online please click on the ‘Apply now’ button or email your application to email@example.com.
Trajan is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging flexibility and fostering an environment that celebrates diversity.