The most flexible system on the market, the LEAP MFx collector solution is available:
- In multiple plate capacities (up to 24 plates).
- With and without sample cooling.
- For 96 and 384 well formats, low profile and deep-well, as well as both sealed and open vials.
- An extra capacity version is available for standard height well plates which extends the maximum plate capacity to 48 plates.
||Up to 12 plates
||Up to 24 plates
Designed for safety and serviceability
- Allows the use of sealed plates or vials for limiting exposure to hazardous samples.
- Sub-ambient storage and large capacities for overnight runs.
- Well-plate sensing and no-drip features ensure no-leak dispensing.
- Easy to access for quick replacement of both the DFR and needles.
- Tubing replacement kits come pre-cut and with matching fittings and ferrules.
- Built upon the PAL system platform, with enhanced electronics and firmware.
||LEAP MFx collector
|Zero-loss collection (doesn’t divert to waste)
|Cooling to 4°C
|Deep well plates
|Shallow well plates
||24 trays (up to 1296 tubes/vials)
Unique dynamic flow reservoir
The precision engineered and long lasting dynamic flow reservoir (DFR) allows the LEAP MFx collector to continue collecting chromatographic flow while the automation is moving between wells, resulting in zero-loss.The design achieves a turbulence-free, fully optimized flowpath for collection without peak dispersion.
Undisturbed flowpath for minimal peak diffusion
While flow to the buffer region remains constant during both well filling and robot movement, the buffer region will expand as the DFR travels between wells. This retracts any hanging droplets, and avoids peak diffusion by allowing continuous flow. The buffer region contracts to resume dispensing at the next well.
Setup for collection has never been easier
- Users are provided a specialized screen for easy method and collection sequence creation.
- Unlimited fractions can be collected in up to four time windows. This allows the gathering of peaks of interest and unwanted fractions to be sent to waste.
Tabular and visual method creation
- The visual well selection feature empowers users to define collection ranges with a point-and-click, exactly targeting wells without guesswork.
- Similarly, standard tabular sample creation can be confirmed visually for the greatest confidence.
Maintains highest peak resolution with sub-2 second fractions, while providing simplified data correlation, and advanced sample tracking
- Accurate time-point control and real-time collection recording, with live log and visual status options.
- Easy export of collection log to Excel or CSV for simple data correlation.
- Active run graphic display of fraction collection showing real-time status of each fraction position.
- Options provided for both serpentine by columns or serpentine by rows
Smart features offer convenience and reduce error
- Auto-checking of tray locations before run ensures confidence that the collection will be successful.
- Automatically closes open drawer(s) before a run, correcting human error.
- Built-in calculators allow focus to remain on analytical goals without the need to calculate fluidic considerations manually.
|LEAP MFx collector specifications
|Maximum flow rate
|Minimum dwell time
||96 and 384 well plates (deep and shallow), 2 mL and 10 mL vials/tubes
||Can pierce sealed plates and sealed vials
|Computer requirements (minimum)
||Operating system: Windows 7 SP1 (32 or 64 bit), Windows 8.1 or Windows 10.
Hardware: Intel Dual Core 2.0 GHz, 60 GB hard disk, 4 GB RAM, dedicated ethernet port or free location on local private network switch with 1 free USB port for security dongle.
Monitor: 1366x768 (recommended 1440x900 or 1920x1080).
Service you can trust
Our CTC Manufacturer Certified Service team is ready to keep your fraction collection automation at its peak performance.
Full application support
Trajan is the leading expert in automation of fraction collection for analytical pursuits. Our in-house specialists and team of experienced partners offer you the best consulting available to achieve your microfraction collection goals.
Trajan has the expertise and experience with automating fraction collection experiments that can only come from having worked with leading scientists in the field.
Reliable engineering and consumables for sharp peaks and reproducibility
Tubing replacement kits with pre-cut tubing, optimized fittings and ferrules ensure that the MFx collector, built on the trusted PAL platform, is the most advanced fraction collection automation for zero carryover, sharper peaks and stunning reproducibility.
View the range of LEAP MFx collector accessories
An example of actual sample collection with the LEAP MFx collector, showing baseline resolution and well-defined peaks